Yoga Mat Bag Pattern

Mesh Yoga Mat Bag

When I get bored I seem to make things out of nowhere. Well this is what came about in a day of boredom. This mesh yoga bag is really fun and easy to crochet up and looks so cute when holding your mat. You are bound to get comments on it when you go to your next class.

Materials
8mm crochet hook
I used my Lily Sugar n Cream yarn Confectionery Colors and I really couldn't be exact on how much I used but I am going to say I used about a quarter of the skien which would be about 180 yards. You may just want to get a more than that to be sure.
Yarn needle

Gauge
I'm not really good at checking gauge with crocheting but I chained enough to make 16 inches. You should just make a gauge swatch and do some math.

Sizing
16" x 24"

Mesh Pattern
(Multiple of 4 + 3) + 1 for foundation chain
Row 1 : Beg in second ch from hook, *1 sc, ch 2, skip 1 ch, 1 dc ** ch 2, skip 1 ch; rep from * ending last rep at ** in last ch. Turn.
Row 2: Ch 1, * 1 sc in dc, ch 2, 1 dc in sc**, ch 2; rep from *, ending last rep at ** in last sc. Rep row 2 for mesh pattern. Turn.

Chain as many stitches as you need to 16" holding two strands of yarn together.
Work in mesh pattern for 24". Pull yarn through last loop.

Make bottom
Chain 6 sts and slip stitch together to make a loop.
Row 1: ch 3 (counts as dc), dc twice in each chain around, make a slip stitch joining last stitch with first stitch. 13 stitches
Row 2; rep row 1 until your circle is 5" in diameter.

Drawstring
ch for 24". Knot both ends as decoration.

Finishing
Fold bag in half lengthwise with right sides together and sew down side with yarn needle and your yarn. With right sides together sew bottom to bag. Place mat in mat bag and draw the Drawstring through the loops where desired. Enjoy.

Please leave me any feedback if I have made errors or if you have a question. I am really new to the whole crocheting.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home